Autoimmune Diseases: Causes, Symptoms and Diet
Immune System protect us from disease and infection by attacking germs that get in our body such as viruses and bacteria. Our Immune system can tell that the germs aren’t part of us, so it destroys them.
If the person have an autoimmune diseases, their immune system attacks the healthy cells of the organs and tissues by mistake.
Some example of autoimmune diseases: Celiac disease-Sprue (Gluten- Sensitive Enteropathy), Multiple Sclerosis, Lupus, Rheumatoid arthritis, Type 1 diabetes etc.
CAUSES OF AUTOIMMUNE DISEASES
There are certain risk factors increases the chance of developing autoimmune disorders.
1) Genetics Certain disorders tent to run in families.
2) Weight being overweight or obese raises the risk of autoimmune diseases.
3) Smoking it increases numbers of autoimmune diseases such as arthritis, hyperthyroidism etc.
4) Certain medications consult a doctor before starting or stopping the medicines.
5) Already having one autoimmune diseases person at a higher risk of developing another.
6) Women of childbearing age more women than men have autoimmune diseases, which often start during their childbearing years.
7) Exposure to toxins
SYMPTOMS OF AUTOIMMUNE DISEASES
Symptoms categorized by type of disease include:
- Diseases of the joints and muscles muscles aches and pains, joint pain, stiffness and swelling, muscles weakness, inflammation
- Diseases of digestive tract bloating, constipation, abdominal pain, acid reflux, nausea, food sensitivities, blood or mucus in stool(poop).
- Diseases of the Skin rashes, itching, dry eyes, dry mouth, inflammation, hair loss, dry skin
- Diseases of the Nervous System dizziness, headaches, anxiety and depression, confusion and difficulty in thinking, blurry vision, insomnia, memory issues, Migraines, lightheadedness, numbness and tingling.
- Other Diseases Fatigue, pain, fever, chest pain, swollen glands, weight gain or weight loss, rapid or irregular heartbeat, shortness of breath, temperature sensitivity.
AIP DIET (Autoimmune Protocol Diet)
The AIP Diet may help reduce inflammation and other symptoms of
The AIP is an elimination diet, so it involves not eating certain types of food for sensual weeks at a time and carefully noting any effects on health.
Diet may include :
▪️any vegetables, except those from the nightshade family.
▪️high-quality seafood that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids
▪️ fermented foods
▪️lean meats and liver
▪️small amount of fruits
▪️oils, such as olive, coconut and avocado oils.
In general, processed and refined food should be avoided and focus on whole foods.
STEPS TO REVERSE AUTOIMMUNE DISEASES
Our bodies are not defective. Paying attention to a few natural laws of biology can reverse the condition of disease.
1) Cut out refined flour and sugar because these are inflammatory foods.
2) Get rid of gluten. Gluten can be a trigger for autoimmune diseases and can contribute to be a *leaky gut*
3) Eating right fats. Increase intake of anti-inflammatory foods rich in Omega-3 fats, including cold water fish, walnuts, chia seeds, flax seeds and hemp seeds.
4) Eat the rainbow. Choose a variety of colorful non-starchy vegetables and berries everyday. These foods are packed with Phytonutrients
5) Check for hidden food allergens with food sensitivity testing
6) Keep your intake of nightshades(tomato, eggplant, peppers, etc.) low to moderate in order to lessen the potential for an autoimmune reaction.
7) Take supplements to help boost levels of omega-3, fatty acids, vitamin D, vitamin C, zinc, magnesium, probiotics, curcumin, and antioxidants- all of which are instrumental in calming down an overactive immune system.
8) Exercise is a natural anti-inflammatory moving the body regularly and appropriately for physiology.
9) Managing Stress Practice deep relaxation through yoga, breath work, bio feedback, or massage because stress worsen the immune response.
10) Check for hidden infections like yeast, viruses, bacteria and Lyme. These are often indicators for a hidden autoimmune disorders.
The Human Body has an amazing ability to heal itself